Getting In! The Ultimate Guide to Creating an Outstanding Portfolio, Earning Scholarships and Securing Your Spot at Art School
Whether you’ve already created numerous art works for your art school application, or you don’t know where to start – Getting In! will get you there!
Drawing on decades of experience in preparing students for art school, Crawford shares her strategies for success in Getting In! – a process that her students describe as life changing. Getting In! provides a clear framework outlining how to become the ideal art school candidate, create with passion and enjoy the process.
- delivers a step-by-step program for clearly outlining artistic and creative goals
- explores what art careers you might be well suited for
- identifies ten key ingredients of a successful art school application
- dispels the myths around what it means to be a successful artist
- reviews ten strategies for maximizing vitality and creativity
- explores the powerful stages of the creative process
- introduces a myriad of ways to create a unique and exceptional portfolio worthy of scholarship
- guides you in creating the Range section of your portfolio
- helps you to identify and create the Personal Series of your portfolio
- introduces the Do’s and Don’ts of creating a powerful, process rich sketchbook
- investigates a myriad of ways that you can foster your creativity and generate multiple ideas
- helps you establish an effective practise routine and deal with procrastination
- examines a number of approaches for sharing your work
- reviews a variety of strategies for funding your art school dream
…along with several other essential components that contribute to success as an artist at post-secondary school and beyond!